Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Boeing 787

On my trip to the US last week, I got to ride on the new Boeing 787 on my ANA flight from Seattle to Tokyo.  I was extremely excited.  Since I used to live in Seattle, I had followed the design, building and test trials of the 787 for years.  ANA, the first airline to buy 787s started flying them to the US about a month ago-- I had been anticipating my Seattle-Tokyo flight since then.

The 787 was indeed super awesome.  Here's me standing at my seat in coach.  The plane was very spacious.  It was cool to sit in seats that were really new, with nothing broken.  The clean, new bathrooms were also a perk.

 In general, most things were identical to any other long-distance plane set-up.  The movies, games, etc. were the same as the 777 I took from Tokyo-Chicago at the start of my trip.

 The best thing was the windows.  They were larger than windows in other planes, and they didn't have a shade.  Instead, you adjusted the darkness of the window.  I really liked how even when the window was darkened, you could still see out of it!

Here's a picture of the plane after we arrived in Tokyo.

Off to passport control!  

That's all for now!  Only a few more days left in Japan.
-Bre (and Kyle)

1 comment:

  1. Bre and Kyle: your windows are darkened by the electrochemical change of one of the conducting polymers I worked on at Penn and other places. Scientists in Japan picked up on it and used it in high end cars to darken their windows. The chemical is colorless in one oxidation state and dark in another. It's my work. Dave

    ReplyDelete