Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sapporo Art Park in Spring

We went out to the Sapporo Art Park on Wednesday.  Mom took the photos of me.  Way to go mom!  Speaking of photos of me why does the back of my head look so pale?  Where has the hair gone?




Above is a photo of Jared and me being silly on the bench with the sculpture.  I am ashamed to see what he is doing to that sculpture.


Above, a silly moment.


The speed walker.



Mom and Jared were pretending to be owls with the owlish sculptures until a real bird flew by.  They had to check out the bird to see if it was pretending to be human in a mind bending life imitating art-imitating life-imitating an anthropocentric view of a bird.




This is the first time I saw the statue of the sitting people.  When I visited in the winter they were protected from the snow by an impenetrable canvas hut.


We had to try them out.









And to finish our day I found another inscrutable sign.  What does it mean?



That's all for now.

-Kyle (and Bre who was at work for this adventure) in Japan

2 comments:

  1. Fun to see the sculptures without snow, and find out what some of the covered ones are! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok the sign means:
    1. Please don't climb on the artwork.
    2. No ballplay in the area.
    3. No pets
    Things make a LOT MORE sence when you read it in Japanise. The main reason I never even try english version of Japanise websites, usually it's the same inscrutable j-english.

    ReplyDelete