Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sounders Women soccer

The blog is back and operational after a long hiatus.  For those of you who don't know, Kyle's computer died the day I went to the U.S. and he lost all of his photos from Japan.  But the silver lining is that since the computer died while I was in the U.S., I could bring a new computer back with me.  

I was in the U.S. for a job interview, but I was able to do a few things that were not interview-related.  The most exciting adventure I had was going to see a Sounders Women exhibition game with Jody and Daniel.  For this year, the Sounders Women have 5 U.S. National Team players, including Hope Solo, Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe, a Mexican National Team player, Veronica Perez, as well as a number of U-23 U.S. National Team players.  I discovered another soccer player, Keelin Winters, to add to my favorite list.  She was awesome at defensive midfield.  The best part of the game was arriving 1 hour early to watch the goalie Hope Solo warm up.  It was possibly the most amazing soccer-watching experience I have ever had.  I've never seen a goalie so able to just suddenly appear in front of the ball.

The Sounders won the game 5-0.  The game was almost sold out (for an exhibition game!), with 5,000 people fitting in the stadium.  It sure looked like standing room only...  our side of the stadium was completely sold out before we arrived.  I can't wait until the season actually starts.

Here's the video of the highlights of the game.  Some of the goals were really awesome.


A great time was had by all.  My pictures aren't that amazing- it got dark fairly early in the game and my flash was just not powerful enough to stop the action.  Here are some of the better photos I took.






That's all for now.  There should be some more posts soon!
-Bre (and Kyle)


1 comment: