Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lunch at the canteen

Kyle came by my office on Tuesday to have lunch with me, Adit, Jody and Tanya.  We have lunch in the building next to ours; it's pretty tasty and a really good deal.  Usually I pay 330-380 yen ($4.30-$5.00) for what I like to eat... the only lunch that cheap I could find in Seattle would be a bagel.

Kyle's lunch some sort of gyoza in a broth, Kakiage don, and a salad 

Jody's meal was similar to Kyle's.  The dish on the left was meat of some kind.

One of my favorite lunches, although usually I don't get the korokke (fried thing in the upper left made from mashed potatoes with a few vegetables).  The pink stuff on my rice is pickled ginger.  Otherwise I had miso soup, squash and some mixed dish with chicken, spinach, potatoes and lotus root.

Adit gets Kakiage don almost every day.

Tanya usually has fish, but this day she had the same chicken-potato dish I like, as well as something else that she put mustard on... maybe fried chicken patty?




And there you have it....  Japanese cafeteria food.  It was tasty.

That's all for now
-Bre (and Kyle)

No comments:

Post a Comment