Saturday, December 17, 2011

Kokusai Ski Adventure

Bre and I went on a ski adventure with Adit and Tanya.  Tanya and I worked together to teach Bre and Adit how to ski.  I made a video of the adventure.  In the video Adit crashes.  I feel bad about laughing at Adit when he crashes, especially once I realized that I cut him off, causing the crash.  Sorry about that Adit!


Here is Bre in the blowing snow.
 And here is Adit pretending to make a phone call.
 And these are other random photos of the Kokusai ski area.

Kokusai ski area is a great bargain.  The bus ticket, ski rental, and lift ticket comes to an amazing 5800 Yen = $74.50 package when purchased in advance.  I look forward to skiing again once my legs have recovered.

That's all for now.

Kyle (and Bre)

7 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you can ski and video at the same time, Kyle! I would be crash-cam if I tried that.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bre, is this your first time? And Adit! wow! Keep those poles behind you, bend zee knees....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ski adventure! I'm so excited that I finally am able to post on the blog. I can't believe my mom figured it out practically a month before I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty great! How far is the ski area from your apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm envious you already made it to Kokusai. Ask Tanioka to tell you how he and I never made it... I am looking forward to going there soon! I taught Olga how to ski at Taene (a more local ski area with some good terrain, one of sites of 1972 Olympics), with views of the city).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know the distance, but in terms of time it takes 1/2 hour to walk to the bus station and then the bus takes another 1 and 1/2 hours to get to Kokusai ski area. Kokusai opened before Teine. It was lots of fun and Bre and I are looking forward to our next ski trip soon.

    ReplyDelete