Monday, November 21, 2011

The snow came back on Monday!

It started snowing last night and snowed for most of the day.  I went for a walk this afternoon while Bre was at work to get some photos.  The first photo is of the wall of the racetrack near our apartment.  I like how it is mostly out of focus and the snowflakes seem to drift in space.  It is also the only photo I took where you can actually see the snow falling, but believe me it was falling all day!




 The cars that were out on the road were slipping around.  Studded snow tires are banned so nobody has good traction in the snow.  The whole city becomes like an ice-rink.

 
 The snow doesn't stop the city.  Some of the cars seemed to be going slower, but everything else continues as normal.



 This last photo I took at sunset out of my apartment window.

Bre and I have been getting used to Celsius.  The temperature right now is -3, and I have a good understanding of how cold that is.

Tomorrow I have a very exciting meeting with the owner of an English School.  There may be a chance for me to work there.  It is just on the far side of the university.  I am ready to have something to do, all this idle time is not for me.

That's all for now,

Kyle (and Bre)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your meeting, Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I don't see you as the lying around type... You could always get those sparkly christmas cards out you enjoy so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that I need to buy a winter tyre for my Japanese car, its such a hassle.

    ReplyDelete